Please note: Next-day & 2-day shipping needs to be ordered by 1pm.
Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), emulsifier E491 (sorbitan monostearate). UCLM S377 was selected by the Castilla La Mancha University for its ability to produce very structured long ageing red wines.
- Rapid fermentation start.
- Rather slow fermentation kinetic.
- Total loss of sugars.
- Alcohol tolerance: 14-15 % vol./vol.
- Fermentation temperature: 16 to 35°C. This strain is sensitive to brutal temperature changes, it requires regular fermentation conditions.
- High nitrogen requirement : In a must which available nitrogen is between 150 and 180 mg/L this strain requires at least 2 nitrogen supplies (20g/hl DAP + 20g/hl Bioferm® 24-48hours after yeast inoculation and 20g/hl of DAP and Bioferm® between the third and mid-fermentation.
- Strong resistance to SO2.