Please note: Next-day & 2-day shipping needs to be ordered by 1pm.
Specifically developed for cider producers, Fresco imparts a bright apple character and a refreshing crisp finish with strong steady kinetics.
A medium bodied, dry fermenting yeast with a balanced crisp citrus fruit finish. Notable aromas and flavors include red apple, pear, and citrus.
Viability / Living cells: > 1.0 x 1010 cells/gram
Storage Conditions: Store cool and dry, 4 - 15⁰C (39 - 59⁰F). Do not freeze!
Inoculation Rate:200 - 350g/1000L (1.66 - 2.92lbs/1000 gallons)
Note: inoculation range is based on the juice sugar content and condition of grapes.
Prepare a chlorine-free, 3:1 water to juice mixture of approximately 5 times the yeast weight at 38 - 42°C (100 - 108°F).
- Gently sprinkle the yeast into the water-juice mixture and, without stirring, allow 10 minutes for hydration.
- Stir the yeast into the water-juice mixture allowing it an additional 10 minutes to fully hydrate.
- Add enough juice to the yeast suspension to lower the temperature by 5ºC (9ºF). Let mixture acclimate for 5 minutes.
- Repeat step 4 until the temperature of the yeast suspension is less than 8°C (15°F) warmer than the must or juice to be inoculated.
- Slowly add the yeast mixture into must or juice.
Note: Directly adding dry yeast to the must or juice tank is not advisable.