Please note: Next-day & 2-day shipping needs to be ordered by 1pm.
"THIS PRODUCT REQUIRES NEXT DAY SHIPPMENT"
"MUST BE KEPT BELOW -45C"
Viniflora® Frootzen™ is the first commercial yeast preparation based on a pure strain of Pichia kluyveri. This non-Saccharomyces yeast strain is specifically noted for its ability to enhance tropical fruit intensity and mouthfeel in white wines such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and fruit forward rose and red wines. Frootzen is an extremely powerful producer of the volatile thiol aromas 3-MHA (passion fruit) and 3-MH (grapefruit), and significantly boosts flavor compounds such as “peach, citrus and mineral.”
This specialty yeast is not intended to achieve complete alcoholic fermentation but to enhance wine complexity. Frootzen has to be followed by a Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast of choice to achieve a safe and fast alcoholic fermentation.
- Recommended for Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Gris and fruit forward rose and red wines
- Higher levels of varietal thiols
- Increases fruit flavor intensity, enhances wine complexity
- Rounder mouthfeel and increases palate weight
- Controlled inoculum helps minimize volatile acidity production
- Alcohol tolerance is up to 6% (v/v)
- Product is delivered as a frozen (-45° C) 1kg bag ready for direct inoculation. It does not require rehydration.