Please note: Next-day & 2-day shipping needs to be ordered by 1pm.
**ITEM MUST SHIP NEXT DAY AIR**
O. oeni adapted to high alcohol and known for enhancing mouthfeel
- Enoferm Alpha™ was selected by the French Institut Technique du Vin (ITV) from a spontaneous fermentation. It shows good fermentation activity and provides a positive sensory contribution.
- Known strain that has proven effective at alcohol levels up to 15.5% (v/v), temperatures down to , pH above 3.2 and total SO2 up to 50 ppm.
- Alpha is a dominant strain and shows good resistance to botrycides.
- It is often described as enhancing mouthfeel and complexity while reducing perceptions of green and vegetative characters.
- The 1-Step® Alpha starter kit combines a highly effective malolactic starter culture with an activator to induce malolactic fermentation in an 18-24 hour build-up procedure.
Recommended for use with: White, Red. Also good for cider.