Please note: Next-day & 2-day shipping needs to be ordered by 1pm.
**ITEM MUST SHIP NEXT DAY AIR**
O. oeni adapted to high SO₂ and high alcohol; enhances complexity and mouthfeel
- Lalvin MBR VP41™ was isolated in Italy during an extensive European Union collaboration.
- Chosen for its strong implantation, steady fermentation, and enhanced mouthfeel and wine structure.
- Known strain that has proven effective at high alcohol levels (up to 15.5% v/v), pH above 3.2, and a total SO2 level of 50-60 ppm. In temperatures below 16ºC (61ºF) it is a slow starter but can complete fermentation.
- Both red and white wines fermented with VP41 have increased richness and complexity.
- The 1-Step® VP41 (same strain as Lalvin MBR VP41) starter kit combines a highly effective malolactic starter culture with an activator to induce malolactic fermentation in an 18-24 hour build-up procedure.
Recommended for use with: Red, White. Also good for cider.